Save the date!!
Monday, May 21 - Wednesday, May 23, 2018
We are pleased to announce our 2018 Joint Conference will be held at the Holiday Inn in Saratoga Springs, New York.
Call for Presentations
Proposal Deadline: December 15, 2017
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
NYS ATSA and NYS Alliance are pleased to announce the annual call for papers for the May 21-23, 2018 conference at the Holiday Inn in Saratoga Springs, New York.
The NYSATSA/NYSAPSA Conference provides an opportunity for participants to examine services involving shared leadership and resources, as well as programs and practices that influence emerging best practices. The Conference enables attendees to interact and network with leaders in the field of sex offender treatment, supervision, assessment, management, prevention, and victim advocacy. We are certain that all will benefit from this opportunity to share, learn, and strategize with others dedicated to the shared mission to address and eliminate sexual abuse in New York State.
We are seeking presenters to reflect our conference theme and encourage submissions from victim advocates, medical professionals, researchers, lawyers (prosecutors and defense council), law enforcement (parole, probation, state police, federal and local police), CAC's, child protection agencies, and treatment providers. We encourage all individuals/groups working to reduce sexual violence to submit a presentation to ensure your important efforts and innovative approaches can be shared across the state.
Appropriate workshop topics include issues related to:
- Adult, Youth, and Family Specific Interventions
- Abuse Prevention Efforts and Projects
- Innovative Models of Community Collaboration
- Emerging Research
- Integrated Programming
- Specialty Service Groups
- Practical Applications of Empirical Research
- Legal Issues and Court Practice Skills
- Proposal Face Sheet
- Abstract: 500-700 word abstract of your proposed presentation
- Focus of presentation
- How presentation relates to conference topic
- Identify presentation as: adult, juvenile, prevention, clinical, theoretical, researched based, etc.
- Current/recent references of published work on the topic for a reading list
- Bio and Resume or CV for all presenters: A short (4-6 line ONLY) biographical statement and your resume or CV (5 pages max).
- Learning goals
- THREE measureable learning objectives
- Two true/false or multiple choice questions participants will be able to answer following your presentation
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Friday December 15, 2017
Proposals may be submitted to:
136 Everett Road, Albany, NY 12205
For questions, please contact us at: